Propolis is derived from a tree resin which is collected and re–metabolised by worker bees. The bees smear this dark substance around the entrance of their hives to strengthen the hive and to protect themselves from infection. Excess propolis is extracted from the beehive by bee keepers. A cold treatment process is then applied to make the substance suitable for human use and consumption.
Propolis is a natural antibacterial agent with antiviral, anaesthetic, antioxidant and antibiotic properties. Propolis contains over 60 different naturally occurring substances, including flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins and numerous minerals. It is commonly used in the treatment of sore throats, skin conditions and colds and flu.
Propolis Product Information
Propolis is known for its mild anti–bacterial and antibiotic properties, as well as its anti–inflammatory and soothing activity. It is also effective in relieving the symptoms of colds and flu, as well as boosting the immune system.
- Chloramphenicol free
- Halal approved
- May assist in strengthening the immune system and preventing infection
- Thought to reduce inflammation and assist with respiratory conditions (including colds & flu)
- Assists in the maintenance healthy mouth and gums
- May assist in the treatment of minor skin conditions, such as scratches, eczema, dermatitis, pimples, acne, minor cuts and abrasions
- May help to reduce the severity & duration of colds
- Antiviral, anaesthetic, antioxidant and antibiotic properties
- Flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins and minerals
Warning: Propolis may cause allergic reactions. If irritation or swelling of the mouth, throat or skin occurs, immediately discontinue use and consult a medical practitioner.