Bovine colostrum is a protein–rich substance and a complete natural foodstuff, which is secreted from the udders of cows during the first few days after giving birth. This ‘first milk’ transfers passive immunity from the mother to the baby, in the same was as human colostrum does. Colostrum contains a precise balance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids which are beneficial for growth and development.
Bovine colostrum contains immunoglobulins, anti–microbial peptides and other bioactive molecules including growth factors, which are beneficial in assisting the body to combat general wear and tear. The immunoglobulins (antibodies) present in bovine colostrum are specific to many human pathogens. Before the development of antibiotics, colostrum was the main source of immunoglobulins used to fight infections. The immunoglobulins used in the first oral polio vaccine came from bovine colostrum.
Colostrum Product Information
Our natural bovine colostrum is rich in protein, calcium and a number of bio-active compounds, including naturally occuring antibodies known as immunoglobulins (IgG). Australian by Nature colostrum is harvested within 24 hours of calving to ensure that the highest quality and most immune–rich colostrum is collected.
- Collected from Australian certified BSE free, grade A pasture fed cows
- Collected within 24 hours of calving
- A great tasting and easy to dissolve formula
- Rich in infection-protecting naturally occurring antibodies known as immunoglobulins (IgG)
- Assists in enhancing general health and wellbeing
- A source of calcium
- Immunoglobulins (IgG), anti–microbal peptides and bioactive molecules
- Growth factors
- Lactose from cow’s milk